The fun of making money

Banner_head

26 December 2014

On 10:21 AM by Blog2539   No comments
K.  “The soldiers walked around t 37 he neighbor h  doors, ‘telling people to leaVe,Th0Se who refu ood, knocking on an th on their doorsteps. Pa shakes his head Sed were shot dead ri he “Why are they doing this, Pa?” Kim asks. g t ufi6C3.11S€ they are destroyers of things.» ‘Chou and Kim look at each other and I sit there feel. afraid. mg 10st and «I don’t understand. What does all this mean?” I ask h look at me but say nothing.Yesterday I was playing hopscoéhem: They friends.Today we are running from soldiers with guns. W1tl’1 my After a quick lunch of rice with salted fish, we climb in the truck and move again. I watch as a stream of people seems to follow our mi Fighting drowsiness caused by the smothering heat, my thoughts race from one subject to another. I question why we had to leave, where we are going, and when will we return home. I do not understand what is happening and long to go back home. The sudden sputtering and choking of our truck halt my daydreaming. It kicks and whines, and finally stops. I climb of hoping it will move again. “The truck’s out of petrol and there's no petrol station around here,” Pa says.“Looks like we have to walk the rest of the way. Everybody grab Only some clothes and all the food you can carry. We have a long way to £0 yet.” Pa then orders us what to take and what to leave behind. 31 “You!” someone yells.We all stop what we are doing and stand par- yzed. “YOU-"’A Khmer Rouge soldier comes over to us. “Give me your watches.” “CEIQIUIY-”\lVith shoulders bent to show submission, Pa takes the Xlatfeles Off of Meng and Khouy’s wrists. Pa does not look the Soldlef “A;Ye.5 35 he hands the watches over. when hglfsht: HOW move,” the soldier orders and the give the Soldiout of earshot, Pa whispers that from now on we are to We Walk fer: ar1Yth111g they Want or they Will shoot us. . Wh n nigh Comes W‘: thfi break of day until the dark of the evening. :1 dried fish arid iv rest by the roadside near a t€II1P1e- W5 unpack t C: Cxcitementn 1°C and eat in silence. Gone is the air of mySt€YY 3“ ’ 0w I am Slmply afraid.  n walks away. 


ส่งจาก iPhone ของฉัน

0 Comments:

Post a Comment