The fun of making money

Banner_head

31 December 2014

On 10:28 PM by Blog2539   No comments
"“"'\u -‘XPRII. I975  35  Ma, look!” he calls to her, barely  “ able to contain his glee. “Sugar!” Brown sugar!”  I am tired th Ma exclaims, taking the pot away from him. Though v 053 two words bring me running in the direction of the pot.  “B ” . Id :w.Vn Sugar! I repeat quietly. I never knew how two little words C0“ rmg U16 50 much happiness.“  almost a quarter of a pot of it!»  “Shh. Don’t say it so loud,” and beg us for some.” direction.  Ma, let me have a taste! There's  Keav warns me, “or people will come I notice a few of our neighbors look in our  “Here everyone, have a small taste.We have to save some,” Ma says as we gather around her. My siblings stick their fingers into the sugar and lick what they are able to pull out.  “Me . . . me . . .me . . .” I beg Ma as she slowly lowers the pot to my level. I know it is my one chance to get as much sugar as I can, so I wait a few seconds to form enough spit in my mouth. Then I put my finger in my mouth and swish the spit around my finger to make sure I wet every millimeter of my finger. When I am satisfied that my finger is wet enough, I take it out of my mouth and slowly roll it around on top of the sugar. My finger rolls so slowly that I can feel the rough grains bonding to it.When I pull it out of the pot, I am happy to see what I have achieved. I have more sugar on my one finger than anyone else does! Carefully, I place my other hand under my treasure to catch any grains that might fall from my finger. Slowly, I walk my finger back to my spot on the mat and begin to eat each grain of the sugar.  After dinner, Ma takes us girls to a nearby pond, which is already crowded with people washing their clothes and iiaked children, tenta- tively putting their heads under the muddy water. The children all look too tired to bop up and down, laugh, or splash at one another.  Ma instructs us to strip off our clothes. I remove my brown shirt, a  shirt that was yellow when I hurriedly dressed six days ago. Naked, Chou Geak and I wait while Ma removes her clothes from under her 


ส่งจาก iPhone ของฉัน

0 Comments:

Post a Comment