The fun of making money

Banner_head

26 December 2014

On 10:20 AM by Blog2539   No comments
goes away and comes back with a bunch of paper sheets in her hand. My“eyes widen in d1sbel1ef,“Mal It’s money. I can’t use money!”  Use it, it is of no use to us anymore,” she replies, pushing the crisp Sh€€tS Into my hand. I don’t understand this. I know that we must be in really big trouble. I know this is no time to argue, so I grab the money and head off to the Woods_  After I finish, Chou and I decide to explore the area. As we walk, we hear leaves rustling in the bushes nearby. Our bodies tense, we clasp each other’s hands, holding our breath, but then a small feline silhouette saunters lazily out of the bushes, looking for food. The owners must have forgotten it in their hurry to leave.  “Chou, I wonder what happened to our cats.”  “Don’t worry about them.”  We had five cats in Phnom Penh. Even though we say they were our cats, We had no real claim to them. We didn’t even have names for them. They‘ came to our house when they were hungry and left when they were bored.  “V/ell, somebody is probably having them for dinner by now,” Kim teases us when we ask him.We all laugh and scold him for saying such a thing. Cambodians do not generally eat cats and dogs. There are spe- cialty stores where they sell dog meat but at a very expensive price. It is a delicacy. The elders say that eating dog meat increases body heat, thus increasing energy, but you shouldn’t eat too much of it or your body will burn up and combust.  That night, Ma tucks me in on the back of the truck. While Chou, Geak and I sleep with her on the truck, the older kids sleep on the ground with Pa. It is a warm and breezy night, the kind that requires no blankets. I love sleeping outside with the stars. My imagination is captured by the bright shining light, but I don’t understand the vastness of the sky. Every time 1 tr)’ t0 Wrap my mind around the concept of the universe, my mind spins as if caught in a whirlpool of information I will never be able to understand.  “Chou, the sky is so big!”  “Shhh. I am trying to sleep.”  “Look at the stars.They are so beautiful and they are winkin t I wish I was up there with them and the angels.” g a us. 


ส่งจาก iPhone ของฉัน

0 Comments:

Post a Comment